- £55- £65k
- AG- 1PA
- 01267 238991
Do you have strong Project Accounting experience within the Construction sector?
Our client, a high-profile global property development company, are looking to identify a talented finance individual with hands-on experience of one or more ‘big build’ projects. Ideally with an immediate start, this contract duration is expected to be 9 months minimum, as it is covering maternity leave. The successful applicant’s most recent work could include accounting and business partnering on a complex residential or commercial build project (e.g. retail, office space or mixed-use) or involvement in a major infrastructure/transportation project. Recent experience will ideally include working for a well-known national or multinational building contractor.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an attractive and expansive business in a diverse and exciting Project Accountant role. Core responsibilities will include working within the Construction Finance project team to manage the finances associated with a new build project. You will take responsibility for the integrity and reporting of financial performance and for management of overheads. Extensive cost accounting experience in a construction environment is essential, as is the ability to effectively business partner with non-finance (particularly construction) managers.
Monthly Cost Reporting
- Review the monthly cost report to assess the accuracy and completeness of the information.
- Reconcile to the budget tracker
Project Financial Controls
- Project budgets and maintain project financial controls. Ensuring that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Ensure compliance with the Construction Industry Scheme and any other statutory regulations for the project
- Evaluate the financial position of sub-contractors to ensure that they are financially sound
- Issue and recovery of monthly progress claims from owner and any other external parties
- Manage and support the Assistant Project Accountant
Requirements for this role:
Construction Project Accounting experience
Significant experience with large-scale build projects
Robust cost accounting skills
Understanding of CIS and VAT
CIMA/ACCA Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
To apply for this job please fill in the form below. You can also upload your CV to support your application.