- 01267 238991
Claims Team Leader
Our client, a well-respected company within the insurance industry, is looking to recruit an experienced Team Leader within their busy claims department. Ideally you will have a background in a regulated environment i.e. finance or insurance and are looking to develop your career with a company that recognises talent.
To manage and lead a team of people who are responsible for providing an excellent claims service
The role of the Claims Team Leader includes responsibility and accountability for:
- Having responsibility for the management and development of a team of Claims Technicians
- Managing the team so as to respond to customer phone calls in a professional courteous and efficient manner
- Monitor communication with customers and service providers ensuring that all established standards are met or exceed
- Set and manage resource requirements for the team including recruitment in conjunction with HR
- Oversee the tasks and activities of Claims Technicians
- Set and monitor achievement of team operational targets.
- Understand and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure service standards are met in accordance with internal SLA and FCA/PRA requirements.
- Ensure complaints are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that TCF is a part of the organisations culture and behaviours
- Contribute to culture change throughout team and peer groups
- Having significant awareness of and ensuring adherence of self and team members to all regulatory requirements, guidelines and working practices
Product & Technical Knowledge
- Technical knowledge of Client product range including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions and conditions of our product wording
- Basic understanding of the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts
- Basic knowledge of the legal, regulatory and compliance provisions
- Detailed understanding of resource planning and management and proven track record of managing resources
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Articulate and numerate
- Significant focus on delivery of a first class customer experience
- Team player
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Highly organised clear ability to prioritise and deliver on allocated tasks
To apply for this job please fill in the form below. You can also upload your CV to support your application.